The graphic designer blends creativity with healthcare expertise to drive successful projects for our rapidly growing nurse-run digital media company.
Are you an experienced graphic designer with a background in healthcare and a passion for digital media?
Founded in 2022, The Nursing Beat publishes the premier and only daily digital newsletter on the market for nurses and allied healthcare professionals. Our nurse-driven team aims to make the world of healthcare news easily digestible for our community.
Join The Nursing Beat team as a graphic designer and bring your unique blend of creativity and healthcare expertise to drive successful projects for our rapidly growing nurse-run digital media company.
As an as-needed graphic designer, you will report directly to our Chief Operating Officer.
What you will do at The Nursing Beat (TNB)
- Translate client objectives into effective, visually successful digital and print design/communications
- Collaborate with the executive and editorial marketing and design teams to understand project requirements and objectives.
- Design visually appealing landing pages, social media ads, display ads, mock-ups, and wireframes that align with our brand guidelines and target audience.
- Edit and enhance videos, including trimming, color correction, audio adjustment, and adding visual effects, graphics, and animations.
- Create engaging video content for social media platforms, website banners, and promotional campaigns.
- Incorporate UI/UX best practices into design work to enhance usability and user satisfaction.
- Stay updated with the latest design and video editing trends, techniques, and tools to continuously improve capabilities and deliver cutting-edge visuals.
- Provide creative input and contribute to brainstorming sessions for new marketing campaigns, product launches, and branding initiatives.
- Maintain design consistency and brand integrity across all marketing materials and platforms.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting project deadlines
- Manage 24-48 hour turn around times
What you bring to the role
- Proven work experience as a Graphic Designer, with a strong portfolio showcasing your design skills.
- Solid understanding of design principles, including layout, color theory, typography, and composition.
- Experience designing landing pages, social media ads, display ads, mock-ups, and wireframes.
- Familiarity with UI/UX principles and practices is highly desirable.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to meet project deadlines while managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and translate project requirements into compelling designs and videos.
- Self-motivated and proactive with a strong sense of ownership and accountability for deliverables.
- Clinical background preferred
- Experience with Active Campaign and Webflow
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS and web design principles is a plus.
- This is a fully remote position
- This is an unbenefitted position
- Time commitment based on needs (approximate 10-15 hours/week) with the opportunity to go full time